As Mr Tone has been kind enough to mention my shiny new train, here are a couple of pictures.
Undoubtedly the priciest single piece of set-dressing I have ever bought, probably the most expensive I ever will buy.
Getting wargaming and rail modelling scales to agree is notoriously difficult. In theory the closest match for '28mm' figures is provided by S scale (1:64). However that's very much the preserve of scratchbuilders or extremely expensive brass masterpieces. In practice I have gone for On30 (1:48 scale, representing 2' 6" narrow gauge by using 16.5mm track). Whilst O scale standard gauge models definitely look overscale compared to 28mm figures, the smaller narrow gauge stock works well enough.
Locomotive is Bachmann's 28303. I'd have preferred the slightly more ornate 28302, but that's the only model I couldn't find on Ebay. Combine car is also by Bachmann, whilst track is Peco (marketed as O-16.5).
Now you an add your latest interest and investment: "Hobbits in Space"
ReplyDelete:-)